About the Software
IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.2.1 increases the performance and availability of Amazon EC2 resources by identifying potential issues before they impact users, and either automating corrective actions or providing key diagnostic data to allow for quicker recovery of the service.
IBM Tivoli Monitoring delivers these capabilities:
- Out-of-the-box situations measure performance and availability of resources against predefined thresholds, alerting appropriate personnel when a potential issue is discovered
- Correlation of situations increases the quality of alerts, allowing operators and administrators to focus on true issues, rather than sorting through an abundance of unnecessary alerts
- Workflows can easily be created using a simple, intuitive graphical interface to define policies for automated or manual response to conditions
- Visualization of real-time and historical data side-by-side helps to spot trends, understand the impact of changes in the environment, and diagnose issues in the context of the alert without having to use a multitude of disparate tools
- Expert Advice provides a preloaded, customizable knowledge base, which enhances the ability of non-experts to resolve issues without having to involve the experts
The Tivoli Monitoring AMI includes both agentless and agent-based monitoring of Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems.
It is available on a 32-bit enterprise Linux OS platform and provides initial configuration panels for a quick and easy configuration of the items listed below:
- Password Setup
- User Credentials
- Storage Options
Prerequisites and Resources
This AMI allows you to manage instances which in aggregate contain up to 50 virtual cores.
The Tivoli Monitoring 6.2.1 AMI is suitable for “Small” (m1.small) and “High-CPU Medium” (c1.medium) Instance types.
Resources and Documentation:
Frequently Asked Questions
- Getting Started Guide for ITM AMIs
- For a full listing of IBM products featured on AWS, please click
- To use an IBM Tivoli AMI that allows up to 200 virtual cores please click here.
- To use an IBM Tivoli AMI that allows up to 600 virtual cores please click here.
- Please visit
for extensive information about the IBM Tivoli Monitoring family of products.
- If you are interested in purchasing a new license of IBM Tivoli Monitoring, please visit the IBM Software Online Catalog.
- IBM Product number 5724-Z47
The IBM License Information (IBM LI) is presented in the AMI for your acceptance in English only. If you would prefer to view the LI in another language, you can search for the product LI
using the product number shown above and then selecting your preferred language.