The Global Shout Platform (ami-a5f81dcc)
The Global Shout Platform
over 4 years ago
This is the only AMI that I encountered that includes HylaFax. As a bonus, it also includes Asterisk, which fits well into my needs for a communications platform that includes robust incoming fax functionality. I have several questions:
1. Would the Asterisk and HylaFax features be usable without implementing the seemingly excellent security features of HighFire?
2. I'm not very familiar with Hylafa and thought that it requires modem hardware. Can it be used for fax-to-email and/or email-to-fax without fax hardware?
3. If yes is the answer to number 2, is HylaFax dependable on EC2?
4. Are there drawbacks to putting Asterisk and HylaFax on the same server?
5. Are there other AMIs with HylaFax that I missed?
Thanks for any help.